What's new

Leveling up a first character

Ardashar

May 31, 2017
Howdy,

got a question, leveling up your first character goes easy till you reach like Porthis.

Entering Thadrea with not even 10k hp is a pain. We get the lvl 60 set, but how about putting higher lvl sets like the 98set in dia-marketplace? Would make life a lot easier/better for those just entering new. Running DT every few levels for those few pieces of blue gear is annoying as well.

How do others think about this?

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Howdy,

got a question, leveling up your first character goes easy till you reach like Porthis.

Entering Thadrea with not even 10k hp is a pain. We get the lvl 60 set, but how about putting higher lvl sets like the 98set in dia-marketplace? Would make life a lot easier/better for those just entering new. Running DT every few levels for those few pieces of blue gear is annoying as well.

How do others think about this?
The point of 60 was to get you past the initial grind, and get you right to Dunar which should set you up for getting all of your higher level gear.

Ardashar

May 31, 2017
higher level gear, what exactly do you mean by that? Farming DT every few levels or farming each purple set, or a few and skip others?

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
higher level gear, what exactly do you mean by that? Farming DT every few levels or farming each purple set, or a few and skip others?
Any of the above; if you get power leveled you're going to need a friend to help you get gear.

We won't be putting non-cosmetic items on the market or shell shop as that starts the slippery slope of pay to win.

Ardashar

May 31, 2017
I didn't get power leveled.

I skipped dungeons like DHT/NoT since they're not needed for the main questline. I also haven't made any friends here to get me help gear.
Me being a-social put aside, there are like 10 people in total (if there are that many) that are actually running RG, which is the only dungeon being run. Others dungeons are being left aside, I'd count on people farming laedis gear to run SoH for instance, but nope, that ain't happening it seems.
So either I go ask on world-chat to carry me and suck up to either a guild or just good players, or I have to re-run DT constantly to get some blue gear...

And how is putting a lvl 98-set in the market p2w? It's 1 set that gives at least a bit of dmg-output/extra hp, and it doesn't even comes close to 105 or above gear.

AlphaWulf

May 10, 2017
I didn't get power leveled.

I skipped dungeons like DHT/NoT since they're not needed for the main questline. I also haven't made any friends here to get me help gear.
Me being a-social put aside, there are like 10 people in total (if there are that many) that are actually running RG, which is the only dungeon being run. Others dungeons are being left aside, I'd count on people farming laedis gear to run SoH for instance, but nope, that ain't happening it seems.
So either I go ask on world-chat to carry me and suck up to either a guild or just good players, or I have to re-run DT constantly to get some blue gear...
well there are lots of people who will gladly help you, in fact im sure everyone in my alliance would do so, so if you want just ask, Wulfen in game, and ill help you too

newb

Oct 17, 2016
Its just less of a headache for the GMs tbh. People tend to find a way to complain about everything now adays. I am sure some even complained about the starter pack people got.

This is pretty much what I did on my first toon.

1-93 do the latest quests I could just skipping anything that took more than 10 min to finish. Making sure to do the best blue quest I could before a reset. Saved my lvl 50 surprise box of the master for resets. Once I ran out of quests I started running DT

93-103 grind DT and any other sort of dungeon I felt like running. Updating to better gear as I found it.

103+ Spam my resets. Try to have a vip 10 coupon active if possible. Do the sitherin daily quests. They give out 1.3 + mil each quest. If you have a guild might be able to have a person nice enough for help you get quest items. If not they do have a easy gathering one that just has you picking flowers over by the corner before you head up twards bt and RG. Then between resets keep farming a dungeon to your liking till you get to 105.

Another option most are doing for secondary toons are Farming Alts to 50 for surprise boxes to get more and more resets. Transfer them via chest in your apt or home and use them to lvl up. Most have others go back and forth to lvl some just offer when they farm pirate coins. You can also just lvl yourself using the 2 quests I have in another guide. This gets you to I think 35 + now and you can just lvl to 50 from there.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks